Belleville Community Development Corporation is a not-for-profit organization that shall be a catalyst for development in the public interest within the City of Belleville, Illinois. Our focus is to improve and enhance residential housing and neighborhood stabilization.
Our Goals & Vision
Our goal is to improve the quality of life in the City of Belleville through education, advocacy, and investment. We shall provide assistance to and develop partnerships with homeowners, developers, and other interested parties as we work within the city to help create safer, healthier, sustainable neighborhoods and increase homeownership for low to moderate income families. We have defined five main areas of action as essential to the community's progress. We plan to:
- Foster neighborhood-based community leadership in the belief that neighborhoods must guide their own development. Active neighborhood leadership is essential to stable, thriving neighborhoods.
- Facilitate home ownership among working families via appropriate education and support. Low to moderate income families can succeed as home owners, enhancing their families' financial and social well-being and contributing to the City and to their neighborhood.
- Partner with new and existing neighborhood projects to foster the rehabilitation and re-use of older business and residential properties, contributing to healthy neighborhood growth.
- Collaborate on infill development projects, with a variety of partners, replacing lost housing.
- Rehabilitate residential properties and return them to the city's housing stock and tax base.